Let’s be honest. It is only February and I know I’m not the only one just now becoming active in their “resolutions.” In fact, I’m really not a huge fan of making resolutions for several reasons, but I did tell myself that I would expand my reading selections this year. For me, this year is all about personal and professional development and expansion. It is essential to grow stronger in my crafts.
Here are 7 books I can’t put down (You can click the link to purchase from Amazon):
- The Little Book of Light: One Hundred and Eleven Ways to Bring Light into Your Life by Mikaela Katherine Jones
- Faith in the Valley: Lessons for the Women on the Journey to Peace by Iyanla Vanzant
- Why We Can’t Wait by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Jesse Jackson
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
- Feminism is for Everybody: Passionate Politics by Bell Hooks
- Preparing for Marriage by Dennis Rainey
- We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity by Bell Hooks
Now, I know these books lack commonality; however, they completely describe my life right now. I’m studying and indulging in black pioneers, getting married, feeding my soul with well-balanced reads. I’ve already began reading each of these books (I can never read one book at a time for some reason). All in all, I want to share this with you just in case you wanted to join me, too.
What books are you reading/picking up for 2016?