I accidentally participated in the #noheatchallenge a few months ago. I was visiting my parents for a few weeks and I did not have much time to straighten my hair, so I was left with no choice but to go without heat. Luckily, Walgreens had their popular sale for BOGO free Shea Moisture products so I took full advantage of experimenting with my hair.
My beloved flat iron and I have decided to part ways for a little bit. Maybe until September. Right now I am OBSESSED with my curls and texture. After a few trials and errors I have finally found a routine that works best for my hair. Of course I had to share it with you.
With the help of YouTube and a few friends I can safely mention that my hair is well on its way to full recovery from heat damage.
(left) This was my hair in May. My curl pattern was loose and a few of my ends were completely straight. (right) This is the current condition of my hair. My curls are much tighter and a few of the straight ends are beginning to curl.
Y’all, I am proud of myself.
If you would like to see my current co-wash and deep conditioning video please click HERE. Make sure you subscribe to my YouTube channel for future videos as well!
- Shea Moisture Mongongo & Hemp Seed Oils High Porosity Moisture-Seal Co-Wash
- Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System w/ Marula Oil & Biotin Hair Masque
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Agadir Argan Oil Hair Treatment
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancement Smoothie w/ Silk Protein & Neem Oil
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir w/ Sea Kelp & Argan Oil
- Spray Bottle with water, vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil
Cheers to heatless styles for the summer!