I’m excited to share my favorites from February and March! I feel like these past few months I have been in complete limbo trying to get so many things accomplished. However, I do have a few items that I have been obsessing over and of course I want to share them with you.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger with Chamomile Tea // Caleb and I drink tea every night before bed. I usually drink Yogi’s Bedtime Tea, but lately I have been gravitating towards the ginger and chamomile tea. It is smooth, soothing, and delicious (if you are a ginger lover like me). After a long and stressful day I love to cuddle on the couch and sip this tea.
- Gratitude + Daily Affirmation Journal // Did I tell you that I am a journal hoarder? I have several journals and notebooks because I am always writing. I bought this journal back in 2014 from a dollar store. In the mornings and/or at night I write out the high points of my day, what I want to spiritually achieve for the day, and list what I am grateful for in terms of that day. I highly encourage you to practice this because it is therapeutic, rewarding, and tranquil. Even on my worse days I always have something positive to write. I think of it this way: If I am breathing, I made it through another day. For this I am thankful. *I will always advocate to live your best life – even in my monthly favorites 🙂 . Back to the favorites! *
- Nubian Heritage Goat’s Milk and Chai Body Lotion // I love quality lotions that leave my skin hydrated and moisturized. Most importantly, I appreciate lotions that smell amazing! Erica Fae (one of my favorite YouTubers) suggested this product in one of her favorites videos. Because I trust her wise judgement on products, I figured why not?! And of course she did not let me down! I have been using this lotion for almost a year and it has never failed me. However, I will mention a little goes a long way – so use sparingly during the spring/summer months.
- Creme of Nature Perfect Edges with Argan Oil // I have tried almost EVERY edge control on the market from Hicks to ORS. Nothing is more embarrassing than the white residue caked on the side of your edges. Moreover, it is disappointing when your edges will not lay down throughout the day. The battle is over! I finally found a great edge control that will even stand up against the summer heat. Thanks to my sister allowing me to borrow it (then eventually me keeping it) my edges will slay all spring/summer long!
- Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub //Body scrubs are crucial for me. Whether I purchase one or make my own I MUST keep one in my shower caddy because I’m a stickler for smooth skin. I have tried many different scrubs on the market, but this one by Soap and Glory reigns supreme. The texture is perfect for me – not too gritty and moisturizing. Let’s not forget about the smell! It’s not overpowering, but it’s gentle and sweet.
- MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Gold Deposit // Please believe me. I am not exaggerating when I tell you this highlight is everything. I mean, really, EVERYTHING. For all of my WOC (women of color), girl, please get purchase this RIGHT NOW. This highlight gives me a radiant glow and it is long lasting. And let me let you in on a little secret: the longer you wear this throughout the day the better it looks on you! I am an oily girl (in terms of my face). The more the highlight sets into my skin with the oil the better the results! Does that make sense? I’m talking Beyonce/J.Lo glow people!
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip Rooch // I can’t get enough of this color. I will probably abuse this lipstick for the rest of the year (or until something else captures my heart). I do believe this color looks amazing on anyone; however, you have to know how to werk it. If you’re looking for something out your comfort zone, but not too dramatic, put this in your cart asap. Tell me how you like it!
- Mossimo Denim Boyfriend Jeans// Caleb probably hates these jeans by now because I wear them practically anywhere we go. It is rare if I can find jeans that work in my favor (plus they’re so cozy). I think Target discontinued these jeans. I’m sorry I couldn’t find the link. Distressed jeans will always give me comforting vibes 🙂
Sending you love, peace, and tranquility.